GOD’S TOP TEN
WAYS TO HAPPINESS
God foresaw the days and ways when unhappiness would surround us. Way back in the Old Testament (Exodus 20:3-17) He gave us ten ways we could help prepare ourselves and live the happiest life possible on this earth. To our detriments, many of us have conveniently forgotten them. I say “our” detriment but in truth when even one of these tens ways is broken, it effects more than ourselves, it touches others, communities, even nations!
GOD’S TOP TEN WAYS TO A GOOD LIFE – Refresher Course
- Have no other gods before me. (Verse 3.) Other gods can refer to fancy cars, lots of money, gaming, gambling, drinking, etc. This is #1 for a reason; never let those other things get in the way of you and God!
- You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them.” (Verse 4.)
- You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain. (Verse 7.) This one is simple, don’t use His name with a cuss word; simpler, don’t cuss!
- Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. (Verse 8.) This is a day to rest and give thanks to God for the other six days. This verse ends with, “Therefore, the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.”—made it holy—it is sacred!
- Honor your father and your mother. (Verse 12)
- You shall not murder. (Verse 13.)
- You shall not commit adultery. (Verse 14.)
- You shall not steal. (Verse 15.)
- You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor. (Verse 16.)
- You shall not covet … anything that is your neighbor’s. (Verse 17.)
Sprinkled among these “commandments” are two promises: In verse 4, He assures us that He is “showing mercy to thousands, to those who love [Him] and keep [His] commandments.” And in Verse 12, He lets us know that He is giving us His Top Ten list so “that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.”
It is pretty plain and simple when we do any of the above, only trouble can follow and who knows where that may lead? But just as easy to understand is when we strive to abide by His Top Ten, and work to live them, life’s highway is smoother and our relationship with others is much nicer!
Jesus wrapped all these ten into two. For more information on that go to this blog’s post of March 15, 2022, “The Greatest Prayer Ever Taught.”
Do you know the God who works for harmony, not hate? Who loves sinners? Who is waiting to welcome you home into His Kingdom on Earth and give you eternal life? Maybe today is the day you get to know Him better? Go to our website, address below, for some quick and easy steps to accomplish all of this and more.
Thanks for visiting! We are so happy you found your way … here!
Our ministry seeks to encourage and facilitate others to experience a personal encounter with God.
Won’t you help us by sharing this blog with others? Feel free to copy/post/refer your friends and neighbors, children and grandchildren, or even perfect strangers by telling them to visit: www.encounterswithgod.info.
We can never know enough about Him!
Like everywhere else, you need to sign-in below and click on the box. Once you do, you’ll hear from us every week and be encouraged or challenged by the many different ways God seeks to constantly help us grow happier, healthier, and become beautiful beings who live with Joy in our souls.
Remember, we are all a work in progress. The Good News is, we are not alone!